• Repair cracks, holes or blemishes in the driveway or walls
• Give the window frames and door a lick of paint if they need it – Make sure there is no visible moulds and cracks!
• Make sure the house number is clearly visible
• Keep rubbish and rubbish bins out of sight – There’s nothing worst than seeing rubbish in front of the property!
• De-cluttering - create more space by moving some furniture into storage, tidy away or remove unnecessary objects, books and boxes, clear out cupboards and wardrobes of non-essential items to highlight potential storage and usable space.
• Make minor repairs - fix leaky taps and cracks in the walls, replace broken or crooked tiles, replace burned-out light bulbs - make sure everything works!
• Clean thoroughly from top to bottom - carpets, floors, windows, fixtures and fittings, etc.
• Eradicate unpleasant odours, like pet smells and cigarette smoke
• Decorate rooms if required - a lick of paint can re-energise the appearance of a room.
• Clean, tidy and presentable?
• Of a sufficient size for the family composition?
• Clean and free from damage, such as damp?
• The smell of a fresh home – A good automatic air fresher will go a long way!
• Free from serious disrepair?
• Structurally sound and not suffering from conditions such as subsidence?
As well as the physical standards of the property itself, there are other standards that will need to be met, including safety standards for gas and furniture.
We know, It may seem like a lot of work, but with time, energy and even a bit of money spent, it could really make the difference to how quickly your property is let and how much rent you can charge. Every little helps as we like to say!